Monday, April 22, 2013

Women Don't Ask

Decided to use my time when I take a bath to read Money magazine instead of People.  Money magazine's March issue highlighted 100 things a person can do for their finances.  One of the references was a book called Women Don't Ask.  I checked it out from the library and it is eye opening in that men negotiate much more than women, whether it is salaries, cars, or housework.  Women often do not negotiate their salaries and therefore, make less money than men do.  Women take the first offer where men often ask for more money.  I spoke to some women at work about this and they said females are not raised to do this and do not even know they can/should ask for more.  Apparently, this applies to buying cars too!  Women are quoted a higher cost for a car than men.  Luckily Mark was with me to negotiate the lease.


No comments: